Tuesday, March 11, 2008

FREE LUNCH WINNER!

this week's free lunch winner is jonathan smolens, who is doing some very interesting things around town --


I mostly work on houses. I am very interested in green building, but unfortunately most of the work I do is not that green. I am also very passionate about helping Boulder prepare for Peak Oil. For those of you not familiar with the term Peak Oil refers to Global Peak Oil Production. Globally we have peaked with the amount of oil that we can pump out of the ground in one day which is around 85 million barrels a day. From here the amount to be pumped per day is only going to get less. Our culture is scarily dependent on oil for everything from transportation to food, clothing, medicines and toothpaste being brought to us from far distances. I have been studying the situation and how to help us as a community prepare to be more self-sufficient. I am preparing a presentation for a city government group and hopefully we will be able to get some momentum with this before things get out of control. I am glad to participate in your blog. I love coming to Café Organica because I think that serving local organic food from a locally owned store is part of the solution to peak oil. I am always interested in discussing this stuff more if anyone is interested. Attached is a photo of my son and me. See you soon.
Jonathan

Jonathan Smolens, P.E.
Lopez Smolens Associates
1526 Spruce Street #206
Boulder, CO 80302
303 447-2813
303 447-2814 fax

thanks jonathan!

No comments: