Thursday, March 6, 2008

todays guest blogger


Hello my name is Julie Gerdes and this is my post

It's 1 o'clock on a Thursday and I'm sitting at a computer, which is not unusual. What is unusual is that I'm not at work, I'm not in Louisiana, and I'm drinking some exceptionally good chai tea, which brings me to how I ended up here in the first place. Here is the Organica Cafe in Boulder, Colorado. I'm in town for four days while my boyfriend looks at CU's Aerospace program. I'm here to, well...eat and maybe snow board a little.





Despite being from New Orleans "Fat City," home of Crawfish Etoufee and Beignets (donut like pastries), over the years I've developed an affinity for all things organic and delicious. After a fantastic lunch at Sunflower I stumbled across Organica Cafe. The atmosphere is great, the staff is friendly and after a few moments I felt right at home. The incredible number of delicious organic options on the menu made me realize that in addition to being one of the most beautiful places in the country, Boulder is also an organic paradise.





While New Orleans reigns supreme as a Culinary Capitol, I tend to pass on the Chicken Jambalaya and Oyster Gumbo in favor of the vegetarian fare, which is few and far between. Here in Boulder the options are almost overwhelming. What's a girl to do? Order a Chai Tea of course, which is amazing (not too much sugar and no caffeine) and contemplate moving to Boulder. A move that will clearly be hazardous to my waistline- the soup on the menu here is looking pretty good and a second lunch isn't looking too out of the question. I might have to do more snow boarding than I thought.

No comments: